Friday, November 13, 2009

Kauai girl




Since i've started blogging I could not stop!

I love making things, especially clothes and I love sharing it with the world! I have filled out a Q & A for those who don't know who I am.
I will keep all of you updated on the things I make on a daily basis, right here on the Crusheyes blog :-)





Name: Cassandra Rull
Age: 21
Occupation: Student- Attending University of Manoa- Fashion Design
Hometown: Lihue, Kauai
Location: Overlooking Diamond Head!!! chee!

What do you do for fun?
I always make time for surfing! I surf on a Wavestorm (for those who dont know what that is, it's a foam borad from costco). Its been good to me for 3+ years now, and I don't plan on riding anything else.

I also make clothes for fun- I mainly sew dresses, since i love wearing dresses.

The last hobby that I must do everyday is work out- turbo kick box, cycling, zumba, and running! I dont think i could stop exercising, I always feel good after working out.

How did you get into sewing/fashion design?
I started my sophomore year of college (19 years old), when i saw a really cute dress and had to have it, but i couldn't get it so i went above and beyond to make it (even though i did not have a clue on how to sew). Over the spand of two months I bought a machine and cut up my old clothes to make things. I continued sewing since then, and loved it so much I decided to go to school for it (my good friend tara was taking fashion design at Uh and told me about it).

What is your favorite surf spot?
On kauai- Pakalas! I've caught the longest left of my life there (i am a regular foot). This past summer, my best friend and i would wake up at 5 am to surf this spot before anyone else. It is definitely a dream wave. I surf rock piles a ton on oahu, its a fun left, and Ive made a few friends out there, so its made that place a fun break to surf at.

Favorite Food?
If im feeling fancy, i eat at California Pizza Kitchen- my favorite things on the menu are- the waldorf chicken salad, carne asada pizza, and chocolate sufle. But I do share it with a friend, I dont usually eat all that, I promise :S

Favorite color?
The colors of a sunset :)

What is your ideal career?
I want to be a stay at homemaker. I want to be my own boss, create things, and sell them!

How did you find out about Crush Sunglasses?
Since I am from kauai, I find a lot of things on the internet. The first time I heard of Crush was through myspace! I loved the whole vibe of Crush- Cruz girls, rocking sick sunglasses, and surfing.

What do you LOVE about Crush Sunglasses?
I love the glasses for sure! I have a few pairs, and I love them! They are perfect for my lifestyle, since I am always out doors, going surfing, hanging out at the beach, walking from class to class, these glasses protect my eyes and they are way cute.

Describe your perfect pair of sunnies!
BIG black box frames, with black lenses.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself hopefully doing exactly what I am doing now! But hopefully I will be married by then too.

Favorite Quote?
"A calling isn't something you run to, its something you cannot run from"

No comments:

Post a Comment